Desktop studies for geo-services
COLLATE AVAILABLE INFORMATION TO HELP DETERMINE WHAT ADDITIONAL DATA MAY BE NEEDED
Desktop studies are conducted during the Front-End Engineering Design (FEED) phase of marine subsea telecommunication projects. The office-based exercise investigates and organises publicly available data and resources to support system design concepts and identify installation and operational constraints that may affect the system. The desktop study is prepared prior to the geophysical and geotechnical site investigations needed for subsea fiber optic cable system final design, procurement, and installation. Project stakeholders are identified, and a framework is established to support decision-making regarding design and construction concepts with regards to finding the most practical and cost-effective methods.
- Land tenure planning and land use strategies
- Cable landing site identification, alternatives assessment, and selection recommendations
- Route Position List (RPL) planning and engineering support
- Development of ArcGis Project to organise and present project components and resource data
- Definition of regulatory permitting requirements, stakeholders and approval acquisition and compliance strategies
- Physical, biological, environmental, and human resource inventories and assessments
- System risk identification and mitigation strategies
- Marine cable route geophysical and geotechnical survey scoping and preliminary technical specifications
Delivered by TerraSond
TerraSond specialises in collecting, compiling, and identifying geospatial and geophysical information that provides the best possible solution offering the lowest risk for customers in energy markets.
Integrate this product
Acteon can also offer an integrated project management service. This involves managing the activities of one or more of our companies on a customer’s behalf and providing a single point of contact for all aspects of project management.
Similar products and services
Acteon’s experience and expertise lead the industry in both data acquisition and...
Acteon's services reduce the uncertainty in as-built asset conditions, and also verify...
Working with selected specialist partners, Acteon draws on a full range of survey...
Ground-penetrating radar provides the critical subsurface information of soil structure...