Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance
AT ACTEON, TODAY, WE TAKE THE DECISIONS THAT WILL PROTECT THE WORLD OF TOMORROW
Acteon is committed to establishing a sustainable ESG strategy, which positively impacts the environment, our employees, and wider society, and we are adapting our business to be fully aligned with this.
Guiding our ESG strategy are five principles:
- Ensuring Zero Harm to the people who work for or with us and giving them the opportunity to perform to the best of their ability.
- Understanding and minimising our impact on the environment.
- Making a positive contribution to the communities within which we operate.
- Operating within a business framework that ensures all decisions are made with integrity and ethically.
- Reporting and communicating with our key stakeholders transparently and honestly.
We have made Greenhouse Gas Emissions (GHG) one of the priorities of our environmental strategy and we have established measurable targets in a concerted effort to reduce the environmental impact of our global operations, from toxic emissions to waste management and water stress, all in respect with local legislation.
Our integrated and innovative offshore installation methods, coupled with being vessel-independent, allows us to optimise vessel selection and maximise vessel back deck utilisation for reduced fuel consumption and emissions.
All our operational facilities and office buildings around the world constantly strive to identify and implement energy-efficiency measures. Environmental procedures and actions are recorded and monitored in our central environmental management system, to identify areas of future improvements in the spirit of ISO 14001, which a majority of our facilities are certified to.
- Committed to reaching Net Zero
- 51% electric FLT fleet
- 27 ISO 14001 certified sites
We endeavour to treat all employees, suppliers, partners and communities with respect and equality. This is achieved through a strong Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) culture, as well as an active and documented commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity in our recruiting, employment, and management processes, and zero tolerance policy towards modern slavery, bribery, or corruption.
We encourage and support our people to be actively involved in community projects. We have staff at all levels of our business engaged with sponsorship, charity and volunteering projects making a difference to their local communities whilst gaining valuable, additional skills.
We take the mental health and wellbeing of our colleagues as seriously as their physical health and we have dedicated and trained, mental health first aiders across the business as well as regional, assistance programmes to provide our people with third-party, confidential support in this area.
- Women of Acteon launched and is now 156 members strong
- 1016 hours of training
- 57 awarded Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt and 337 registered in the programme
The Group is overseen by a strong governance structure and the direction is set by the Board of Directors and the Group’s Supervisory Board. We establish and maintain committees that oversee and report to the Boards on the management of our key risks, in line with our values and ethical code of conduct.
Central to how we conduct our business is integrity. We prohibit bribery and the making of undue payments or kickbacks in any form, whether direct or indirect or in the public or private sector. Each employee is issued our detailed Compliance Handbook, follows regular compliance training, and is offered guidance.
- 95% of workforce participated in workforce training
- >19,000 third parties monitored for sanctions compliance
- 24/7 third-party Ethics point service