The DVL1000 is the world’s smallest commercially available Doppler Velocity Log. It combines compact design with unprecedented functionality, being able to fly higher in the water column and closer to the seabed than similar equipment.
It has a maximum operational depth of 4000 m and is ideally suited for subsea navigation where size and weight are a concern. This 1 MHz Doppler Velocity Log is used by industry leaders in the subsea market because of its high accuracy and state-of-the-art technology.
- Industry’s smallest DVL
- Bottom track from 0.2-75 m range
- Quality estimates – per beam and ping
Syrinx is a 600 kHz Doppler Velocity Log (DVL) for surface and subsea vehicles. The Syrinx DVL is a class leading Doppler Velocity Log that builds on Sonardyne’s existing product range of acoustic instrumentation by bringing to market a high integrity, high performance instrument.
- Class leading 600 kHz DVL combining the benefits of 300 and 1200 kHz instruments in one
- Reliable adaptive bottom lock
- Capsule case design built around field proven USBL array capsules developed over last 30 years
- Concurrent Ethernet and serial connectivity
- Individually replaceable transducers
- On-board DVL Manager web interface for configuration and diagnostics
- Standard 4000 m titanium housing for Work Class ROVs
- Full linear signal processing
- Up to 25 Hz ping rate
- 0.4 to 175 m operation range
- Tight integration to Sonardyne SPRINT INS, providing unmatched DVL aided navigation even in challenging bottom lock conditions
- Internal bulkhead prevents water ingress if a transducer is damaged
Syrinx can be used as a standalone navigation instrument or can be integrated into Sonardyne’s SPRINT system or other 3rd party navigation systems.
This new DVL provides the best of both worlds in a single unit available in depth options of 4,000 and 6,000 metres. With a large altitude range and high precision at all altitudes, this combines the best of 300 and 1200 kHz DVLs.
Syrinx utilises both Doppler and Correlation technology to gain performance advantages in environments where each technology is best suited.
Processing techniques have been refined to avoid any loss in output measurements including undulating and sharp roll off terrain of any type. The instrument has been tested over terrains with near vertical gradients to ensure velocity estimates are always provided, even when individual beam data can show vast differences in altitude.
Adaptive signalling techniques utilise the best signal type for the environment and terrain, this allows both low and high altitude class leading performance.
Syrinx allows users to simultaneously output data of different formats, so you can provide the ROV crew with one data format and your survey crew another. This reduces the requirement of more than one DVL on board the ROV, saving on weight and costs.
Sonardyne have developed the transducers to be singularly interchangeable, dramatically reducing maintenance costs and times.
An internal bulkhead is fitted to protect the main chamber (containing the internal electronics) from water ingress should a transducer become badly damaged.
Teledyne RD Instruments’ Explorer is the newest addition to our family of proven Doppler Velocity Log (DVL) products.
- A versatile package with significantly reduced size and weight
- Highly efficient, low power, remote electronics designed to fit in a 4” ID hull
- Open architecture design capable of communicating with other onboard sensors, such as pressure, GPS, CTD, Gryro and magnetic compass
- Upgradable to include ADCP (Acoustic Doppler Current Profiling) capability
- Teledyne RDI’s proven bottom-tracking algorithms and reputation as the leader in DVL technology, service and support
The new Explorer DVL is the long awaited solution to high quality navigation aboard small underwater platforms such as AUVs, gliders, disposable vehicles, inspection class ROVs, and diver platforms. The Explorer DVL has been designed specifically for this next generation of shallow water platforms requiring Teledyne RDI’s proven precision and reliability in a compact and versatile package.
The highly compact and versatile Explorer DVL provides: A versatile package with significantly reduced size and weight Highly efficient, low power, remote electronics designed to fit in a 4″ ID hull Open architecture design capable of communicating with other onboard sensors, such as pressure, GPS, CTD, Gyro and magnetic compass Upgradable to include ADCP (Acoustic Doppler Current Profiling) capability Teledyne RDI’s proven bottom-tracking algorithms and reputation as the leader in DVL technology, service and support.
Traditional underwater navigation systems provide only periodic position update that can leave you uncertain as to where your ROV/AUV, or vehicle is located.
Teledyne RD Instruments revolutionary Workhorse Navigator DVLs fill in these gaps with high rate, high precision navigation data, using patented BroadBand bottom tracking algorithms. Now you can feel confident that you know your exact underwater location at all times – even in deep water.
Teledyne RDI’s DVLs can also be customized to meet your specific mission requirements.
- Patented BroadBand processing technology, providing users with both short and long-term high-precision velocity data
- Reliable and accurate high-rate navigation and positioning data
- Proven bottom-detection algorithms, and single-ping bottom location,for robust and reliable bottom tracking over indeterminate terrain
- Superior low-altitude bottom-tracking capability
- Real-time current profiling data
- Full suite of sensors including:
- Bottom track velocity
- Water track velocity
- Altitude: 4 individual measurements
- Error velocity (data quality indicator)
- Acoustic echo intensity
- Pressure and depth (optional)
- Current profiling (optional)