Geometrics’ G-882 Marine Magnetometer is the leading marine system in the industry and is the only system that meets the standards for UXO clearance in the North Sea.
The Geometrics G-882 Marine Magetometer is a very high-resolution Cesium vapor marine magnetometer is low in cost, small in size, and offers flexibility for professional surveys in shallow or deep water. Use your personal computer with our MagLog™ software to log, display and print GPS position and magnetic field data.
The system directly interfaces to all major side-scan manufacturers for tandem tow configurations. Being small and lightweight, it is easily deployed and operated by one person. Add several streamlined weight collars and the system can quickly weigh more than 100 lb. for deep-tow applications.
- Cesium Vapor High Performance: Highest detection range and high probability of detecting all sized ferrous targets.
- Streamlined Design for Tow Safety: Low probability of fouling in fishing lines or rocks. Rugged fiber-wound fiberglass housing.
- Sample at up to 20Hz: Unparalleled data density while also covering larger areas per day.
- Sensor can be Rotated for Optimal Signal: Can be used worldwide.
- Easy Portability and Handling: No winch required. Built-in easy-carry handle. Operable by a single man; only 44 lb. with 200 ft. cable.
- Internal CM-221 Mini-Counter: This little counter provides multi-sensor sync and data concatenation, allowing the user to combine multiple systems for increased coverage.
- Export Version Available: Use anywhere in the world without need for an export license (except embargoed countries). See specifications.
Explorer is the world’s smallest, lightest, and most efficient high-sensitivity total-field magnetometer. That’s a lot of punch for a mag that packs so light.
Explorer is the smallest, lightest total field mag out there! At a mere 3.8 kgs (8.5lbs) for the mag and 6 kgs (13 lbs) for a 50m (164 ft) tow cable, Explorer can easily be towed from small crafts or behind other vehicles like AUVs, ROVs and side scans.
A magnetic gradiometer measures magnetic gradient in one dimension by taking the difference between two independent magnetic sensors. Since the Earth’s magnetic field is three dimensional, up to three independent gradient directions can be measured – vertical, horizontal (across-track) and longitudinal (along-track).
SeaSPY sensors are highly accurate and repeatable, making them ideal for gradiometers. In addition, all SeaSPY magnetometers are compatible, so you can upgrade your magnetometer to the gradiometer configuration of your choice, as you need to.
Our transverse gradiometers connect the sensors with a rigid 1.5m structure. They are well suited for close-in, precision surveys for small ferrous targets where short sensor separation is required.
SeaSPY2 is a reliable high sensitivity magnetometer with unmatched absolute accuracy. It’s the only mag that’s been integrated inside an AUV and with a Glider. It’s also the only longitudinal gradiometer on the market. Side Scan and ROV integrations are also available, as are horizontal transverse gradiometers.
- One Man Operation
- Proven High Sensitivity
- Unmatched Absolute Accuracy
- No Heading Error
- 3W Power Requirement
- Survey in Any Direction, Anywhere in The World
- Sleek Design
- Works Instantly On Power-Up