Well conductor repair & integrity services
OFFSHORE OPERATORS ARE FACED WITH THE CHALLENGE OF MANAGING AGEING ASSETS ALL AROUND THE WORLD. CLAXTON PROVIDE A WIDE RANGE OF FIELD-PROVEN SERVICES TO EXTEND THE LIFE OF WELL CONDUCTORS, REPAIR THEM, OR REMOVE THEM.
From adding or recovering platform slots, replacing aged centralizers or adding a complete retrofit conductor guide array to significantly extend the life of a platform, Claxton can provide a bespoke solution.
Well conductor and repair integrity services include:
- Conductor repair – Design and operational experience allow Claxton to rapidly engineer conductor clamps and sleeves to repair or reinforce aged conductors. This capability can be combined with annular grouting and composite coatings to cover the majority of day-to-day conductor repair issues.
- Retrofit/replacement conductor guide centralizers – Centralizers provide a service at the critical interface between the well conductor and platform jacket. Damaged, failed or missing centralizers can mean excessive conductor movement or wear of the conductor and associated guides.
- Replacement of corroded conductor guides – When the guide structure around the conductors is in poor repair, Claxton can design, supply and install replacement guides, or whole guide arrays.
- Additional conductor guides – Claxton’s team have installed additional well conductor guides to help operators extend the value of their existing platforms. These additional guides can be used to either replace old wells where the conductor needs to be removed but is in a position that means a new conductor cannot easily be run in its place, or to add new wells.
- Platform slot recovery – If conductors cannot be repaired or are corroded, and the associated wells are no longer economically viable, Claxton’s proven rigless slot recovery tooling and processes can reclaim the well slot – as with an additional guide, this can mean creating a new producing well within existing platform infrastructure.
Delivered by Claxton
Claxton understands that operators are under increasing pressure to streamline processes and achieve cost savings, which is why they encapsulate a plethora of service and product offerings all under one roof.
Integrate this product
Acteon solutions can simplify the interface between Acteon and customers that need more than one of its operating companies’ products or services to address their subsea challenges, whatever their scale and complexity. Each combination is packaged as a customer-specific integrated service and delivered through a single Acteon point of contact under a single contract.
Subsea asset integrity management buyers guide
Operators must have a reliable inspection, repair and maintenance process to ensure the integrity of their subsea and marine infrastructure. Download this e-book for data-driven solutions that serve critical deepwater infrastructure.
Similar products and services
Due to the varying designs of wellheads and Xmas trees, the use of polished rod...
Claxton have developed new designs and methodologies for the centralization of conductors...
Claxton’s extensive knowledge of surface wellheads ensures that clients receive...
Claxton’s grit blast cleaning system provides fast and efficient cleaning to aid...