Rocksteady® is a quick subsea mooring connector that is smaller and more capable than any other in its class.
Rocksteady subsea mooring connector can be installed in any orientation, and has been proven in testing to 15° installation angle and latch at up to 3 metres / second.
The connecting mechanism is inspired by wellhead collet connectors, the load is transferred through machined forged load shoulders.
You can optionally specify a preload (clamping force) in the mating parts to minimise connector movement in cyclic tension/compression or cyclic bending loads. This option gives the Rocksteady subsea mooring connector unparalleled fatigue performance in bending and the unique capability to accommodate bending, tension, shear and torsion loads or side mounting wet-mate electrical connectors.
We have qualified Rocksteady with DNV & ABS at any size up to 3,000t and in compact form factors for renewable energy systems.
We can supply the connector to suit a variety of interfaces including chain, shackles, rope sockets, articulating bearings and pipe weld necks. Rocksteady has a range of associated mooring line tensioning tools, high bending variants and quick disconnect options.
- Half the size & weight of other subsea mooring connectors
- Cost efficient design
- ABS & DNV manufacturing approvals and product qualification (see links below)
- Faster to install – automatic high speed latch, large guide funnel and 25° installation angle means you connect in rough seas
- Guaranteed storm survivability – the locking mechanism clamps tightly under load without the use of springs.
- In-line mooring connection for fast hook up to pre-installed anchors
- Acoustic remote disconnect of mooring lines (available through InterMoor)
- MODU connection to prelaid moorings.
- Subsea connections in permanently moored rigs and FPSOs
- Structural pile connections, including wind and wave power applications.
- Release ring on female or male
- Chaser release
- Hydraulic hot stab or control system integration to lock/release
- Remote control by acoustic (subsea) or radio (surface)
- Lock status and tension data
- Preloaded for bending tolerance (not available with automatic lock).
Delivered by InterMoor
InterMoor is a world-leader in mooring technology, specialising in mooring assets from engineering and project management to provision of equipment to installation, inspection and repair.
Integrate this product
Acteon can also offer an integrated project management service. This involves managing the activities of one or more of our companies on a customer’s behalf and providing a single point of contact for all aspects of project management.
MOORINGS AND ANCHORS SOLUTIONS - REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
Acteon’s solid domain knowledge in mooring design and offshore mooring operations spans the globe. We have installed some of the largest offshore assets in all water depths. We provide an integrated service covering the entire project lifecycle, from engineering, mooring design, procurement, and installation, through to maintenance and decommissioning.
Similar products and services
Strategically situated in the heart of the offshore Gulf of Mexico market, Acteon's...
The IM-Release is a game-changing mooring line quick release connector. When compared...
When there is a need for a third party expert advice or review and approval services...
Acteon has designed, analysed, installed, and recovered hundreds of temporary mooring...