Bruce Bight-Lock chaser
The Bruce Bight-Lock chaser enables an anchor to be recovered in less time than with a conventional chaser.
- Locks onto a chain link or a special socket in a mooring line when the line is pulled into a bight
- Enables most of chaser pendant tension to be applied for anchor recovery
- Enables anchor recovery at lower bollard pull and winch capacity
- For use with chain, wire rope, or a combination of both
- Can be used as a conventional permanent chaser or in bight-lock mode
The Bight-Lock chaser is pulled along the mooring line from the MODU to the mud line near the anchor. The Bight-Lock chaser locks onto a chain link or a special socket on a forerunner wire, and prevents the mooring line from running back through the chaser towards the anchor.
Bruce Roller Chaser
The Bruce Roller Chaser provides offshore operators with a rolling action permanent chaser for smooth chasing at ultra short scope.
- Rolling action for smooth chasing at ultra short scope
- Saddle shaped roller centralises anchor line for equal loading of side limbs
- Passes wire rope/chain connectors
- Cast steel frame and roller
- Roller demountable for maintenance
- Weighs approximately 2 tonnes