The J2 ROV operated tool changer is designed to revolutionise the way tools are used subsea, by allowing the ROV to connect with tools on the seabed, providing vast cost savings for operators.
The J2 four port, zero-leak, tool changer, developed in partnership with Walther Precision Couplings, has been designed to address the need to connect and disconnect hydraulic lines at depths of up to 5,000m, on the seabed, in a safe, reliable manner without the need for the ROV to resurface to change tools.
The tool changer is flexible enough to match a range of different scenarios, it has been designed to allow any work class ROV to connect and disconnect from tools and intervention panels that require either high flow or high pressure applications. Vessel owners are therefore able to reconfigure their ROVs to utilise survey equipment, intervention equipment and other specialist equipment. This removes the limitation on ROVs and increases their efficiency and utilisation.
- 5000 meter depth-rated
- Easy to maintain
- Easy to mate and de-mate
Specialist Offshore Services can supply a range of Subsea ISO standard or Custom Hotstabs for various applications and pressures.
- ISO 13628-8 (API 17H & API 17D ) Single, Dual and Quad Port Stabs
- Custom Sizes Custom Pressures
- Locking Mechanism available
- Client choice of Handles (Standard is D-Type)
The Specialist Offshore Services Hot Stab Control Manifold is a custom OEM unit incorporating industry standard ¼ Turn Valves (10,000Psi rated) operated by a custom built hydraulic actuated ¼ turn actuator.
It allows the user to configure hot stabs ports to any function, on the fly. As there are no manipulator operations there are huge savings in time and reliability.”
The panel is laid out so that the actuator side (shown above) is pressure rated to “standard” (Max in this case 3000Psi) ROV solenoid functions pressures. The green OEM actuator side of the panel is connected to the client chosen ROV Solenoids. Which when selected drive the actuator allowing for fast Open or Close operation of the High Pressure valve. So quickly adjusting any configuration of the hot stab ports.
- Standard panel has pressure to the Hotstab of 10000 PSI. (Other
- Pressure options are available – lead time may apply)
- Choice of valves available
- Flowrate is approx. 15ltr/min @ 10000psi
- All control hoses are supplied (The HP hoses for the HP connections are client dependent and as such are not supplied)
- Fast selection of hot stab functions
- Selection of single, double or Easy block and bleed
- The panel weights 19kg in Air and approx. 12kg in water