OCTANS 3000 is a subsea survey-grade gyrocompass and complete motion sensor for water depths up to 3,000 m.
OCTANS 3000 is a subsea survey-grade gyrocompass and complete motion sensor for water depths up to 3,000 m. Based on iXBlue’s fiber-optic gyroscope (FOG) technology it outputs heading, roll, pitch, heave, rate of turn and acceleration. OCTANS 3000 can be easily upgraded to full INS mode (i.e. ROVINS).
- Complete gyrocompass and motion sensor
- smart HeaveTM
- Fiber-optic gyroscope (FOG), unique strap-down technology
- Ethernet, web-based man-machine interface (MMI)
- Titanium made, small, portable plug and play system
- Optional full featured inertial navigation system
ROVINS is a combined survey-grade full featured Inertial Navigation System (INS) for water depths up to 3,000m.
ROVINS is a combined survey-grade full featured Inertial Navigation System (INS) for water depths up to 3,000m. Designed specifically for offshore survey and construction works, ROVINS improves the efficiency of all operations where accurate position, heading and attitude are key benefits.
Designed to reduce survey sensor downtime during ROV power outages, the Seatronics Uninterruptible Power Supply (SUPS) is capable of maintaining power to an Inertial Navigation System or ancillary sensor system for up to 100 minutes. The result of a simple DC trip could result in the mandatory realignment phase being conducted; taking up to 45 minutes, the SUPS system would remove this lost time.
Designed to be fully compatible with all standard survey sensors:- ROVINS, PHINS, RDI DVL and with seamless integration with the Gen 5 Multiplexer. Internal batteries conform to UN3480 requirements to allow for safe shipping.
The design features a web-based reporting tool for all performance aspects of the design which includes Battery capacity and time remaining reported along with current, voltage, temperature and overall system status.
- 4000 MSW rated subsea housing
- 24V DC operation
- UN 3480 approved battery makes shipping lithium content easier
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Compatible with RTS Gen5 MUX
- Voltage, current, power and temperature monitored
- Capacity and status reporting via Ethernet
- Under and over voltage protection
- Temperature and current surge protection
- Short circuit/reverse polarity protection
- Battery condition/replacement indicator
- Secondary output for DVL, Digiquartz, MiniSVS etc.
ROVNav 6 is a 6G® Wideband®2 ranging and telemetry Long BaseLine (LBL) and telemetry transceiver specifically designed for installation on work class ROVs.
- Incorporates Sonardyne’s 6G® Technology
- Incorporates Sonardyne’s Wideband®2 signal Technology
- High power, long range LBL transceiver
- MF frequency band utilising Sonardyne
- Wideband®2 ranging and telemetry protocols
- More robust performance in shallow water and reverberant environments around structures etc.
- Real-time diagnostics available on ranges to enable quality control
- USBL compatible responder with emergency transponder mode (Li-ion battery)
- Rugged mechanics and connectors
- Integrated modem capability for data download from Sonardyne AMT/Fetch products at data rates from 100 to 9000 bits per second
- Standard sensors – temperature, pressure, sound velocity and MEMS inclinometer
- 3,000 or 5,000 metre depth rated; 7,000 metre on request
- Field proven
Its high power output and Sonardyne Wideband®2 signal processing offers improved range and acoustic performance in challenging conditions such as on noisy vehicles or in multipath environments.
ROVNav 6 is also a fully compatible USBL responder or transponder compatible with Sonardyne Wideband® 1 and 2 USBL systems and HPR400. The internal Li-ion rechargeable battery pack also enables emergency transponder mode, so if the umbilical and therefore power is cut to the ROV it can still be located by USBL.
The rugged Omni-directional remote MF transducer makes installation on a ROV easy. ROVNav 6 is designed to be rugged though relatively lightweight and utilises robust underwater connectors. ROVNav 6 supports a range of internal sensors including: strain gauge pressure, direct reading sound velocity, PRT temperature and MEMS based inclinometer.
ROVNav 6 is fully compatible with Sonardyne’s modem and logging equipment such as AMT and Fetch products, allowing it to be used to retrieve data or configure logging regimes. It supports all of Sonardyne’s Wideband®2 spread spectrum acoustic communication; 100 to 9000 bps user data rates can be selected depending on the environment.
Sensor options include a Digiquartz pressure sensor, precision inclinometer and altimeter interface. This provides a fully featured ROV manipulator deployable tool/sensor pack for a range of different applications including metrology, bathy survey and structure deployment operations, without the requirement for any additional interfacing on the ROV.
SPRINT is an acoustically aided Subsea Inertial Navigation system for subsea vehicles. SPRINT makes optimal use of acoustic aiding data from acoustic USBL and LBL positioning and other sensors such as Doppler Velocity Log (DVL) and pressure sensors. This improves position accuracy, precision, reliability and integrity while reducing operational time and vessel costs. The system extends the operating limits of Ultra- Short BaseLine (USBL) and can dramatically improve the operational efficiency of Long BaseLine (LBL). The new third generation SPRINT unit offers power pass-through to aiding sensors, reducing cabling and interfacing complexity.
SPRINT INS shares the same hardware platform as Lodestar AHRS and is a combined AHRS (Attitude Heading Reference System) and AAINS (Acoustically Aided Inertial Navigation System). Running both the AHRS and INS algorithms concurrently allows inertial navigation to start or restart instantaneously on receipt of a position update as the AHRS seamlessly provides orientation to the INS on start-up. This avoids the lengthy ‘alignment’ period common to other INS systems. Thereafter, the separate AHRS and INS computed orientation are autonomously monitored as an indication of system health.
All AHRS and AAINS computations are performed within the Lodestar, making the system robust and resilient to communications issues. Lodestar maintains a rolling 15 day backup of all real time navigation and raw data on an onboard SD card which can be retrieved if required. Coupled with concurrent logging of all data by the topside software, data integrity is ensured.
- Popular for navigating ROVs and AUVs
- Speeds up operations – saves you vessel time
- Small, lightweight and easy to install
- Track record spanning more that 10 years
- Range of performance levels to suit your task
The latest generation of marine navigation system. The Saturn fibre optic gyrocompass capitalises on more than a century’s experience in marine navigation. Teledyne TSS’ own experienced and innovative engineering team has combined the latest solid state technologies and calibration techniques to offer a user-friendly, highly accurate and cost-effective navigation solution for demanding marine environments.
The Saturn 30 Subsea, is primarily designed for subsea ROV navigation.
All subsea versions are housed in 4000m rated titanium casings ensuring durability, reduced weight and size, and reduced corrosion when compared to aluminium casings.
- Heading, pitch, roll and heave outputs
- Full inertial position from Saturn 10
- Easy to use Saturn web interface
- Compatible with GPS, DVL, USBL and LBL
- Raw output data format supported
- Subsea titanium rated to 4000m as standard