With modern subsea cable systems becoming increasingly sophisticated and their deployment, recovery and repair a more exacting science, there is a need for accurate subsea cable location.
The TSS 350 cable survey system has been developed to meet this requirement in a compact modular system that provides enhanced features whilst remaining easy to use.
The TSS 350 system is designed specifically for the detection and survey of tone-carrying cables. Featuring a comprehensive software display and menu structure, real-time information is presented in a clear graphical format and provided as a digital output for storage and subsequent processing.
This fully integrated system provides accurate survey data, verifying location and burial status of a cable as well as providing operators with fault location, vehicle skew angle and look-ahead information.
The TSS 350 provides today’s specialist operating companies with a system that will significantly improve their subsea operations allowing cable detection at greater burial depths for a variety of applications.
- Cable location data and depth of burial data
- Cable fault location
- Vehicle skew angle data
- Look-ahead information
- Tone discrimination
- Accurate and reliable survey data with quality control envelope
- Combination of advanced DSP technology and proven tone-detection techniques
- Tone frequency discrimination
Based on the industry standard TSS 340, the TSS 440 utilises pulse induction technology and advanced digital signal processing to accurately determine ranges to buried pipelines or cables.
The system is capable of detecting any conductive material and advances in signal processing techniques enable the TSS 440 to detect at greater ranges than any other pulse induction based survey tool.
A full integrated system, the TSS 440 combines location, steerage and accurate depth of burial survey data to suit a wide range of applications.
- Pulse induction technology allows accurate survey information regardless of vehicle heading
- Windows based display and control software
- DSP techniques give quality control information
- Long range detection of buried subsea targets
- Full integrated system with altimeter, spares and documentation
TSS is the world leader in developing and supplying technologies to meet these demands. Having developed the world’s first commercial pulse induction pipe and cable survey system (TSS 340) in 1991, followed by the release of the TSS 350 AC tone cable survey system, TSS has gone from strength to strength and become the industry standard.
TSS technologies are proven in operation in some of the most exacting environments world-wide, and its equipment is established as the most accurate means of obtaining pipe and cable burial data.
- Suitable for pipe and cable tracking, burial and survey requirements
- Excellent detection and tracking performance
- High accuracy repeatable range data
- Pulse induction technology allows autonomous operation
- System design facilitates quick and easy mobilisation
- AC tone detection mode for measurement at increase burial depths
- Forward search mode for target location