The Directional Waverider hardly needs any introduction: it is the world’s standard for measuring wave height and wave direction. Its success is due to the proprietary well-proven and accurate Datawell stabilized platform sensor, enabling wave height measurements by a single accelerometer. For the wave direction, direct pitch and roll measurements are performed needing no integration. In combination with horizontal accelerometers and a compass this forms the complete sensor unit, the heart of the instrument.
- Real time measurement of wave height with half hourly heave and directional spectra updates.
- HF link up to 50 km over sea. The proprietary Datawell HF link module is easy replaceable if a different transmission frequency is required.
- LED flash light integrated in the top of the antenna increasing the buoy’s visibility.
- GPS receiver for buoy positioning has now become a standard feature of the DWR-MkIII, and facilitates its retrieval.
- Integrated data logger based on the latest flash card technology.
- A water temperature sensor in the mooring eye providing sea surface temperature
- High capacity primary cells operating reliably and safely under all wave conditions and weather circumstances for up to three years without replacement.
- Built-in energy meter reports an accurate estimation of the remaining operating life.
RX – C Receiver
The RX-C is a dedicated HF link receiver that supports all Datawell Waverider buoys fitted with the standard HF transmitter.
In the RX-C, a programmable digital frequency synthesizer makes it possible to manually select the reception frequency in 100 Hz steps.
This allows reception of any frequency between 25.5 and 35.5 MHz by the touch of a button.
RX – D Receiver
The RX-D is a dedicated HF link receiver that supports all Datawell Waverider buoys fitted with the standard HF transmitter.
The RX-D is tuned to a single frequency by a crystal. The crystal can be custom made to allow reception of any frequency between 25.5 and 35.5 MHz. The receiver is normally tuned at the factory but can be retuned later by Datawell to allow reception of other frequencies.
The RX-D is especially designed for single buoy applications or for use on fixed receiving locations where the reception frequency does not have to be changed often.
Port-Log System is a complete storage and publishing solution for environmental data acquired by different monitoring techniques and sensors.
Port-Log delivers environmental data from anywhere to anyone.
Port-Log allows your data to be viewed, downloaded, shared and disseminated by range of different users with varying access and security rights. Data is decoded, stored safely and provided in comprehensive web displays providing immediate and interactive access to your data.
Port-Log can be delivered as either a cloud based or installed system. Totally instrument independent, it is robust and flexible and recognises data inputs from a wide range of different sensors.
The display can be tailored to your requirements and there are several connectivity extensions available which allow data sharing to recipients unable to access the standard web pages including; remote vessels or devices, third-parties, external or internal software and applications.
- Off-the-shelf real time capability
- Cloud-Based OR installed on your own servers
- Easily share, view, disseminate and publish your data
- Easy-to-use web-based display system
- Foundation for environmental data management across your business
Port-Log.net is a quick and easy on-line storage and publishing solution for environmental data acquired by different monitoring techniques and sensors.
The ip.buffer range of smart telemetry units offer powerful and cost-effective solutions for the collection and transmissions of metocean data. The units are manufactured by leading telecommunications technology provider Scannex, and specially adapted by marine data experts OceanWise to meet the requirement of the most demanding marine environments.
“We are extremely happy with the performance of the ip.buffer. We are not aware of any other modem being able to preform to this standard”. Dr M Osborne, OceanWise.
- Smart telemetry with reliability built in
- Fail-safe and dependable
- Multi-sensor data on any device
- Delivers real-time information
The RTS SiLOG is compact high specification data logger tailor-made for subsea applications. Based on years of experience with a host of different subsea sensors, the RTS Development team has engineered a versatile unit which can not only collect and provide safe data storage subsea, it also offers sensor control through different comms options and deep-sleep functionality for long-term logging applications.
- Multiple subsea sensor logging
- Multiple comms options
- Software controlled
- Sensor diagnostics
- PoE (Power Over Ethernet)
- Deep-sleep functionality
- Titanium housing