High-precision Metrology Stab for subsea applications. The RTS MetSTAB Metrology Stab has been designed based on years of experience with different mechanical subsea interfacing solutions.
The unit features unrivaled mating precision and repeatability to ensure objects or subsea equipment is placed correctly in all axes. A special ROV- or diver-operable locking mechanism ensures vertical locking of the male stab during critical operation phases. To avoid cold welding during mating and locking, guide pins and locking shaft are manufactured in bronze. Guide pins are also replaceable and both male stab and female receptacle have been designed with mounting holes from both top and bottom to offer complete flexibility during unit placement.
- High Precision
- High Repeatability
- Locking Mechanism
- Bronze guide pins to avoid cold welding
- Replaceable guide pins
- Robust construction
T-count is a reliable and accurate system for measuring the length of cable passing over a snatchblock.
Designed to overcome the unreliability of systems using a deck lead, a radio link is used to display the count on an IBMT compatible PC, or the optional hand-held receiver.
This innovative approach allows the operator more confidence when access in bad weather conditions prevents maintenance or repair at sea.
- No cables to get damaged around the snatch-block – therefore less downtime
- Count value held in sensors memory (despite interference)
- Remote reset
- Easy “fit and forget” installation
- Any number of users can receive counter “broadcast”
- Up to 4 counters can be addressed and stored using the WindowsT software supplied or by users software, e.g. ProcommT, via the serial port
- Easily interfaced to sonar processing software
- Radio licence exempt in UK, (enquire for other options)