Mooring failures and what to do about them
Are prepared to take necessary actions to maintain production:
- Develop mooring repair procedures for readily available or spot market installation vessels (e.g., Anchor Handler Vessels, Construction Support Vessels, etc.)
- Identify long lead items, capable installation vessels, installation aid requirements, staging and mobilization locations, import and export restrictions, etc.
- Procure, fabricate, store, and maintain spare mooring components needed to repair or replace failed moorings.
- Perform preliminary installation analyses to identify critical aspects of offshore operations
Take action to document as-built/baseline inspection information and maintain, repair, and replace moorings:
- Plan and allocate the right personnel to perform inspection, maintenance and repair work
- Stage and mobilize inspection equipment and/or spare components for offshore operations
- Implement the Mooring Repair Plan that is already in place if necessary
Provide evidence of good IM practices and data management to satisfy safety and insurance requirements for ongoing production operations and earn life extension approval from regulatory bodies:
- Provide baseline/as-built information and equipment certifications
- Demonstrate a well-planned and documented inspection and maintenance plan
- Provide results and findings from regular maintenance and inspection work
- Estimate degradation rates (e.g., corrosion, abrasion, wear, etc.) based on baseline and regular inspection results
- Identification of any critical/high-risk components that should be monitored or measured more frequently
- Demonstrate preparedness for mooring system damage or failure
Mooring failures are not inevitable. A detailed mooring integrity management plan can help identify potential maintenance needs, make necessary inspection schedule recommendations, and enable operators’ preparedness to ultimately reduce costs from any unforeseen circumstances.
MOORINGS AND ANCHORS SOLUTIONS - REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
Acteon’s solid domain knowledge in mooring design and offshore mooring operations spans the globe. We have installed some of the largest offshore assets in all water depths. We provide an integrated service covering the entire project lifecycle, from engineering, mooring design, procurement, and installation, through to maintenance and decommissioning.
INSPECTION, MAINTENANCE, REPAIR AND DATA MANAGEMENT SERVICES FOR MOORING INTEGRITY
Our dedicated team can help you avoid mooring line failure and premature mooring replacements. Acteon applies its expertise in installing, monitoring and repairing mooring systems to provide reliable life-of-field mooring services, solve integrity issues and enable its customers to meet regulatory standards.